Better Together: Crystal City + Pentagon City + Potomac Yard
National Landing is the strong union of three thriving neighborhoods minutes from Washington, DC: Crystal City, Pentagon City, and Potomac Yard. Its distinct yet interconnected neighborhoods combine to form a dynamic urban center and Virginia's largest walkable downtown, incorporating 12 million square feet of office space, 16,000 residential units, nearly 5,500 hotel rooms and 2.8 million square feet of retail. Each neighborhood is high energy without the hustle. You’ll keep busy here (the good kind of busy), and you’re right around the corner from everywhere you need and want to be. This diverse community is marked by its strong sense of local pride.
CRYSTAL CITY is an urban community along the Potomac River with dramatic views of Washington, DC. The central downtown area surrounds the relaxing Water Park, and is home to many hotels, retail stores, restaurants, high-rise apartment buildings and commercial offerings.
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
- Synetic Theater
- Fitness studios
- Earth Treks
- Long Bridge Park & Aquatics Center
- Art Underground
- 17 hotels (with two coming soon)
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema (coming soon)
- Bowlero (coming soon)
- 23rd Street Restaurant Row
- Mount Vernon Trail
- Crystal City Water Park
- Crystal City is accessible via the Blue and Yellow Metrorail lines from the Crystal City station and Virginia Railway Express
PENTAGON CITY is a dining and shopping destination with the finest collection of retail offerings, cafes, and restaurants inside the Beltway. It’s located just minutes from the nation's capital and within walking distance of the Pentagon.
- Pentagon Centre
- The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City
- Pentagon Row
- Drug Enforcement Administration Museum
- The Pentagon
- Arlington National Cemetery
- Virginia Highlands Park
- Met Park
- Arlington County Library: Aurora Hills Branch
- Whole Foods
- Pentagon City is accessible via the Blue and Yellow Metro lines from the Pentagon City station
- Future home of Amazon’s HQ2
POTOMAC YARD wraps around Center Park, featuring shops, access to trails, open space, and dining options. Virginia Tech’s Innovation Campus anchors National Landing at its southern end in the Alexandria portion of Potomac Yard.
- Four Mile Run & Mount Vernon Trails
- Harris Teeter & Lidl Express
- Center Park
- Fitness studios
- Walking distance to Virginia Tech’s Innovation Campus
- Potomac Yard is currently accessible via the Blue and Yellow Metrorail lines from the Crystal City Station and the Crystal City Transitway.
- A third Metrorail station is coming soon: the Potomac Yard Station is in progress, and will open between the National Airport and Braddock Road stations.
Livability 22202 framework is the work of the three civic associations of within the 22202 zip code – Arlington Ridge, Aurora Highlands, and Crystal City.
The residents of 22202 have committed to tackling the challenges facing the area with holistic strategies based on shared livability themes to create a better, more livable city. The shared area encompasses diverse populations and neighborhoods, and many common needs remain. Designing a livable city requires a comprehensive approach to shaping the built environment to enhance the physical and social health and well-being of all inhabitants and to strengthen community.
Learn more about the framework and the process here.