Be in the Know About Ongoing Construction and Traffic Alerts for National Landing
Construction is ongoing throughout National Landing. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to share pertinent information with the community or ask questions about particular projects.
Yellow Line Shutdown: Alternative Options
- Click here for more info.
Dominion Substation Four Mile Run Trail Detour
- On the week of June 6, Dominion Energy will close the section of Four Mile Run Trail in front of the substation at 3225 S Eads Street. The trail will be closed for approximately four months while they build a boardwalk to use as a temporary trail detour for the four year project. During the four-month construction of the boardwalk, a detour will be in place to re-route trail users along Route 1/Richmond Highway, Glebe Road, and South Eads Street. Adjustments will be made to the sidewalk on Route 1 and the traffic pattern on Glebe Road to accommodate the new traffic.
- Learn More Here
Transitway Extension Project
- Parking lanes along Crystal Drive and 12th Street South will be closed to make way for the Transitway extension project beginning Wednesday, June 15, 2022
Parking Lanes Closing to Make Way for Transitway Extension to Pentagon City
- Starting on Wednesday, June 15, 2022, the parking lanes on the northbound side of Crystal Drive and 12th Street South, from 15th Street South to Army Navy Drive, will close permanently to make way for Segment I of the Transitway Extension to Pentagon City. This extension to Pentagon City is the northern segment of the Crystal City Potomac Yard Transitway, adding to the 4.5-mile bus-only Transitway corridor dedicated to high-frequency, premium transit service. With the extension, the Transitway will run from the Braddock Road Metrorail station in the City of Alexandria to the Pentagon City Metrorail station in Arlington.
- Learn More Here
15h Street Pedestrian Improvemenet Project Update
- This project was identified as part of the Crystal City Sector Plan for improved pedestrian access between the Crystal City Metrorail Station and destinations west of Route 1, and comprises updates to sidewalk and pedestrian facilities along the north side of 15th Street South between Richmond Highway (Route 1) and S. Eads Street.
- The proposed work will improve the pedestrian streetscape with a safer, more comfortable route to and from the Crystal City Metrorail Station.
- Construction is scheduled to begin by about mid-May and will last approximately two months. Work hours for the project will generally be 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Transitway Extension to Pentagon City
- Beginning the week of April 4th, Arlington County contractors will initiate the construction work for the first segment of the Transitway Extension to Pentagon City. The work includes the installation of two new transit stations at Crystal Drive & 15th Street S, and 12th Street S. & Long Bridge Drive, along with street improvements along 12th Street S. between S. Eads St. and S. Clark St., and the intersection of 12th Street S. at Crystal Drive.
- Construction will begin the week of April 4th, 2022 and is anticipated to be complete by April 2023. Work hours will be Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm.
- Learn More Here
1900 Crystal Drive Construction Update
- Utility and construction work will continue along Crystal Drive in February, causing intermittent minor impacts to pedestrian or vehicular traffic at the 18th and 20th street intersections
- Construction of the covered walkway along Crystal Drive will be finalized, causing closure of the pedestrian path along the Western side of Crystal Drive until mid-March
- Tower cranes will continue to be dismantled as tower concrete pours are completed
- Learn more here
Ongoing Operations at Metropolitan Park
- Traffic Operations: There will be intermittent traffic stops in the coming weeks at the corner of S. Elm Street and 15th Street to support material deliveries at the jobsite. Flaggers will be present to assist with traffic flow. We are utilizing dump trucks to support the removal of 10,000 cubic yards of soil during the park excavation phase. Learn More Here
- Concrete Operations: To maintain concrete pump and truck access,13th Street, between S. Eads Street and S. Elm Street, as well as portions of S. Elm Street, between 15th Street and 14th Street, will be closed periodically. Access to all adjacent buildings' driveways, loading docks, and entry points, will be maintained. Flaggers will be present to assist with traffic flow. Learn More Here
- Work Hours: The project team is working in compliance with Arlington County’s noise ordinance and operates within the County's permitted work hours of 7 AM to 9 PM (Mon-Fri) and 9 AM to 9 PM (Sat, Sun, and holidays). Learn More Here
New Construction: Potomac Yard-Four Mile Run Trail Connection
- Arlington County is set to begin construction of public improvements for the planned Short Bridge Park project. This project will help complete a crucial missing link between the Four Mile Run Trail, the upstream W&OD Trail, the downstream Mount Vernon Trail, and existing street connections along Route 1 and across the Four Mile Run pedestrian bridge. These improvements will consist of a 10-foot-wide concrete trail connecting the northbound Route 1 Trail with the Four Mile Run Trail extending east-west beneath Route 1, as well as removal of a section of sidewalk to accommodate a simpler connection to the Four Mile Run pedestrian bridge. Construction is scheduled to begin in December and will last approximately six months, provided no delays due to weather. During this time the contractor will maintain a construction entrance on Potomac Avenue, staging needed equipment and materials at Short Bridge Park, and will temporarily detour sidewalk traffic as necessary to complete the work. Work hours for the project will generally be 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., M-F.