Release Date: Sep 10, 2015
SPARK SOCIAL AT PUPS & PILSNERS
|For Immediate Release:
|September 10, 2015
SPARK SOCIAL AT PUPS & PILSNERS
Crystal City (Arlington, VA) — The Crystal City Business Improvement District (BID) in partnership with the Washington Wine Academy, Vornado/Charles E. Smith, presents the Fourth Annual Pups And Pilsners event on Sunday, September 20, 2015. This dog-friendly festival features an artful beer garden with ten stations – each showcasing a different craft brew, including offerings from local breweries, and even beer for dogs!
The event also hosts local animal rescue groups that have many great dogs available for adoption, as well as local pet-related businesses offering unique wares and services for your pampered pets! So, if life has been a bit ruff lately, join us for a relaxing, playful, doggone good time.
Festival grounds at 1405 Crystal Drive, Arlington, VA, 22202 – bordering Long Bridge Park to the north and the Water Park Towers to the south.
When: Sunday, September 20, 2015 from 2 PM to 6 PM
There is free entry to the festival, but paid admission to enter the beer garden.
Online: Pre-sale $20 / At the door: $25
Ticket includes one souvenir glass, 15 tasting tickets and 1 full drink.
Beer Tasting List:
1. Alewerks Brewing Co. (Williamsburg, VA)
- Pumpkin Ale
- Washington's Porter
2. Lost Rhino Brewing Co. (Ashburn, VA)
- RhinO'fest Marzen Lager
- Face Plant IPA
3. Old Ox Brewery (Ashburn, VA)
- Year of the Ox Imperial IPA
- Golden Ox Belgian-Style Pale Ale
4. Adroit Theory Brewing Co. (Purcellville, VA)
- Persona Non Grata Hibiscus Saison
- The Devil Made Me Smoked Porter with Serrano Peppers
5. Wild Wolf Brewing Co.(Nellysford, VA)
- Blonde Hunny Ale
- American Pilsner
6. O'Connor Brewing Co. (Norfolk, VA)
- El Guapo Agave IPA
7. Blue Mountain Brewery (Afton, VA)
8. Devils Backbone Brewing Co. (Lexington, VA)
- Vienna Lager
- Schwartz Bier Black Lager
9. Parkway Brewing Co. (Salem, VA)
- Get Bent IPA
- Bridge Builder Blonde Ale
10. Cobbler Mountain Cellars (Delaplane, VA)
- Kickin' Cinnamon Hard Cider
- Original Honey Hard Cider
Let's Get Social:
Take a photo or #selfie with your dog at our Pups and Pilsners event and Fido can be featured as ARLnow’s “Pet of the Week.” Read about last year’s winner here.
Each week’s winner receives a sample of dog or cat treats from our sponsor, Becky’s Pet Care, along with $25 in Becky’s Bucks. Becky’s Pet Care provides professional dog walking and pet sitting services in Arlington and Northern Virginia — “Quality Service from a Trusted Friend.”
How To Enter:
- Follow Crystal City BID, ARLnow and Becky’s Pet Care on Instagram and Twitter:
- Use the hashtag #PupsAndPilsners when posting your photo on Instagram or Twitter, mentioning your dog’s name and why you had a pawtastic time in Crystal City.
- If selected, you will be asked to provide a 2-3 paragraph bio and at least 3-4 horizontally-oriented photos of your pet.
Free parking is available on the street and in garage spaces at 1350 Crystal Drive, 1750 Crystal Drive, and 241 18th Street South. There is lots of parking available throughout Crystal City for the event, but also during the week after 4 PM, on weekends, and holidays. To learn more about free parking options in Crystal City, please refer to this map.
If you are without a four-footed friend, take transit to get to the event. It is only a short walk to Pups and Pilsners from the Crystal City Metro on the Blue or Yellow lines and the closest Metroway bus stop located at 18th and Crystal Drive. Just head north up Crystal Drive following the signs to Long Bridge Park. Bicycling to Pups & Pilsners is also easy with access to the Mt. Vernon Trail, Four Mile Run, and a network of bicycle lanes throughout Crystal City. There are also three Capital Bikeshare stations within a block of the festivities, and several others only a short distance away.
About Vintage Crystal
Crystal City is a great place to enjoy fine wine, good food and entertainment. As part of Vintage Crystal, the Crystal City BID offers many events from an evening of wine and music in the Crystal City Water Park to a 1K Wine and Beer Walk through the Interior Walkway Shops. Come sip, taste, and enjoy living an INNOVATIVE, ACTIVE, ARTFUL, ACCESSIBLE, and GREEN life with us.
About the Crystal City Business Improvement District (BID)
The Crystal City Business Improvement District
(BID) is a public-private partnership established in April 2006 to promote the vibrant Crystal City business, retail, restaurant and residential community. The BID is committed to showcasing the area as a world-class destination for visitors, employees and residents. Crystal City is INNOVATIVE, ACTIVE, ARTFUL, ACCESSIBLE, and GREEN. For more information, visit Crystalcity.org